Having a swimming pool in your own backyard can help you relax after a day’s work. It can also add curb appeal that improves the resale value of your home. A beautifully plastered pool can transform your outdoor space into a luxurious oasis as it provides a refreshing escape during hot summer days. Is it a good investment? Is it time to consider calling a company that offers pool plastering in the San Fernando Valley?
Understanding Pool Plastering in San Fernando Valley
A plastered pool can be a great investment. However, it is essential to understand the lifespan and maintenance requirements of pool plaster to ensure its longevity and continued beauty. But what is pool plaster?
Understanding Pool Plaster
It is a mixture of cement, water, and aggregates that is applied to the interior surface of a swimming pool. This plaster layer not only enhances the visual appeal of the pool but also serves as a protective barrier that seals and waterproofs the pool’s structure over time, Exposure to water, chemicals, sunlight, and normal wear and tear can impact the condition of the plaster.
Faster Affecting Pool Plaster Lifespan
- Water Chemistry: Maintaining balanced water chemistry is crucial to the longevity of pool plaster. Improper water chemistry can lead to mineral deposits, staining, and deterioration of the plaster surface.
- Chemical imbalance: Overuse of certain pool chemicals, such as chlorine, can accelerate the breakdown of pool plaster. It is important to follow recommended chemical levels and avoid excessive shock treatments.
- Water circulation: Adequate water circulation helps prevent stagnant water areas that can contribute to plaster deterioration. Properly functioning pool equipment, including pumps and filters is essential.
- Environmental factors: Exposure to sunlight, extreme temperatures, and weather conditions can impact the lifespan of pool plaster. UV rays and freeze-thaw cycles can cause cracks and degradation over time.
- Maintenance Practices: Regular maintenance, including brushing, cleaning, and balancing water chemistry can significantly extend the lifespan of the pool plaster. Neglecting maintenance can lead to faster deterioration.
- Quality of installation. The expertise of the pool plastering contractor and the quality of materials used during installation play a significant role in determining how long the plaster will last.
How to Extend the Lifespan of Pool Plaster?
Brush the pool regularly to prevent algae buildup and calcium deposits. Skim debris from the water’s surface and clean the pool’s walls and floor as needed.
Balanced Water Chemistry
Test and balance the pool’s pH, alkalinity, and calcium hardness levels regularly. Follow manufacturer guidelines for recommended levels.
Choline is necessary for sanitation. But overdoing it can accelerate plaster degradation. Monitor and adjust chlorine levels as needed.
Control Water Temperature
If your pool is heated, make sure to prevent high water temperatures as they can easily accelerate plaster degradation.
Monitor for Signs of Wear
Keep an eye out for signs of plaster wear, including rough patches, stains, cracks, or discoloration. Address these issues promptly to prevent further damage.
Ask the Experts
If you wish to install pool plaster in your pool, make sure to consult with our experts. We provide pool plastering in the San Fernando Valley and neighboring communities.